How many of you wake up like this or look like this when sleep is a fecker!? No me neither!!
Today I have been responding to all of the people in my inbox and juggling lots if things and I promised myself to share with you bits of The Life Freedom Method® solutions that come up during the day.
Today its sleep.
When I was unwell sleep and bed time became a time of torment. A time that I had worked in to my nemesis. And guess what…id almost conditioned myself for the fight each night! There was blooming no chance.
So part of the Life Freedom Method we often have to deal with lack of sleep as an issue that needs to be overcome.
Did you know that sleep problems can be one of the earliest starting points for chronic illness?
When you get sleep right it can help with so many areas of life. when I have had a great kip I can literally take on the world!!
10 Things you May not know about sleep 😴
1. Pain management: Sleep helps to reduce pain sensitivity, allowing individuals to better cope with their chronic pain conditions.
2. Improved mood: Getting adequate sleep promotes emotional stability, reduces anxiety, and decreases depressive symptoms.
3. Boosts immune function: Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining a healthy immune system. Lack of sleep can increase susceptibility to infections and other illnesses.
4. Enhances cognitive function: Proper sleep helps to improve memory, concentration, and other cognitive functions, allowing individuals to perform better at work or school.
5. Better physical performance: Getting enough sleep improves physical performance, allowing people to exercise, do chores, and carry out daily activities with greater ease.
6. Helps regulate hormones: Sleep helps to regulate the release of hormones in the body, including those that affect appetite, metabolism, and stress responses.
7. Reduces inflammation: Lack of sleep can increase inflammation in the body, which can contribute to chronic pain, heart disease, and other health problems.
8. Helps with weight management: Getting enough sleep helps to regulate appetite and metabolism, reducing the risk of obesity and related health conditions.
9. Improves cardiovascular health: Adequate sleep has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and other cardiovascular problems.
10. Promotes overall wellbeing: Getting enough sleep improves overall physical and mental wellbeing, making it essential for maintaining a healthy, happy lifestyle.
I was prescribed a drug called Zopiclione for Sleep.
When I decided to come off all of my medication I swapped Zopiclone for 3 essential oils.
Lavender, Vetiver and Cedarwood
6 magic drops of oil massaged in to the bottom of my feet before bed coupled with a rejigged bedtime routine.
In the Life Freedom Method® we introduce Aromatherapy and use this at bedtime too.
“The bedtime routine involved the use of essential oils being diffused into the bedroom around 30 minutes before the patients went to bed. The oils used for sleep were Vetiver, Cedarwood and Lavender. The conditioned response that was being created signalled “time to relax”.
Lavender has long been used to support sleep. A study by Smith et al,70 found that the effect of inhaled lavender demonstrated better sleep quality postintervention. Lavender, cedarwood, and vetiver balms work as an anti-stress treatment by reducing plasma cortisol levels.
uyono, Jong and Wijaya71 showed a reduction in plasma cortisol levels and can be used as an alternative medication to manage prolonged stress and aid sleep.
Other behavioural changes were introduced to patients in the current pilot, including phones off; no TV; no blue screens one hour before bed; magnesium salt baths with essential oils before bed.”
If you are ready to make some changes and get some decent sleep you can download the rest of the white paper on our website https://spaceandfreedom.com/the-life-freedom-method/
scroll down the page to find the white paper download.