Last week consisted of many road trips from Liverpool to Manchester to London and right back again, via some sat nav induced pain in the ass diversions
We hit the road in true Thelma to my Louise style, although we had a roof and no mountain!
We spoke with lots of people, mainly business owners, CEOs and entrepreneurs.
And what has come up in these conversations is that there seems to be confusion over coaching and what it actually is so I thought I’d put some tips out there.
1. Pure coaching is asking powerful questions and supporting the coachee to find the answers themselves.
2. Coaching is not therapy, it’s helping the coachee to open up to their dreams, purpose and potential with support and accountability. There maybe some deep subconscious coaching moments along the way.
3. If you’re thinking of working with a coach – please, please check out their credentials and experience first. There are a lot of people over the last couple of years claiming to be a coach because they’ve had a life problem and got through it. This doesn’t mean you can certify yourself as a coach. In the last few months I’ve been working with people who have been opened up by so called coaches, only to be left out of pocket, trauma triggered and left as well as no further on in life and business.
4. Coaching is about connection and trust. You can’t be coached or mentored by someone if the energetic connection doesn’t feel right. Trust is the foundation of the relationship.
5. Coaching is an investment in your life, business and personal growth. If it’s cheap then check out the value. If it’s cheap you’re not going to invest in growth. If you want deep transformation then you need to look for the right team to bring that along.
We know there are a lot of amazing coaches out there so make sure you take the time to check out who you want to work with because the relationship can be a beautiful one, challenging, exciting, scary and fun.
Believe me – We have invested a lot of time and money in our coaches over the years and we have learnt all of the above from experience.
Check out our new services if you’re looking for space and freedom with coaches who are real; honest; invested and also trauma informed.